Saturday, January 05, 2008

Day 480: Pulgas

So folks... we've officially been out of touch. Happy New Year! Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukah! Happy Solstice! Etc! I just wanted to say hi... via the blog.

I've got fleas. Have for basically 16 months now, but they've been especially rude and violating these past couple of weeks. My body is covered in big red welts that itch deep into the veins and bone marrow and muscle tissue. They keep me up at night, tickling my skin, reminiscent of a stray hair. Elusive. Unfindable. But there, oh so there. They are tiny, and black, and crunchy between unforgiving and angry fingernails. They feast upon my tired body, leaving me tired after a peace-corps volunteer's night's sleep. (that is to say a sleep that should be deep and restful.)

So, to fleas. Gotta wash the sheets. Put the matress in the sun. Spray with RAID PULGA. Day dream of night dreams.

Love, Libs