Saturday, February 17, 2007

Day 158: How many blondes...

Here I am putting the finishing 'blonde' touches on our World Map Project at the school in Musho! Thank goodness we had some left over ocean blue paint. :)

For those of you who didn't understand the blonde joke, first of all I want to know if you are blonde. :) Then I want to know if you can read and understand Spanish. :) If you are blonde and/or don't read Spanish with a certain level of comprehension, you are excused. For the rest of you "America del Sur" translates as "South America." If you then redirect your eyes to the bottom of the map, you will see America del Sur written in the Pacific Ocean near Peru, helping the map observer to understand that the southern continent is known as America del Sur. In an lapse of concentration, I accidentally stenciled in South America right next to the United States, where I meant to write America del Norte (North America). Whoops! Conveniently we had some extra blue paint and I was able to fix the mistake.